Health Care and Dentistry:
Des Moines Veterinary Hospital strives to provide high quality medical care as well as preventative care for your pets. We are a family-oriented, two doctor practice focusing on companion animals including dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, ferrets, rabbits, turtles, snakes, rats, hamsters, sugar gliders and others. We offer personalized service, attention and caring that is sometimes difficult to find in today's world of corporate veterinary care.
Our doctors have practiced in South King county for over 15 years and are well established in the community. Many of our new clients come from referrals of friends and families and word of mouth.
We are a full-service practice offering both inpatient and outpatient services. Our medical team will strive to work closely with pet owners to assure your pet is well take care of.
Below is a basic list of services and procedures we offer:
- Wellness Examinations, annual checkups and Vaccinations.
- Consultations for illness or medical/surgical issues.
- Complete dental care including cleaning teeth, extractions and oral surgery and preventative dental care.
- Medical care and treatment for skin problems, eye disease, ear infections, internal medicine cases and general diagnostics.
- Full service surgery including routine spays and neuters, wound repair and reconstructive surgery, all types of tumor removal, eye surgery, abdominal surgery, and orthopedic surgery.
- Endoscopy, Ultrasound of the heart and abdomen and state of the art digital x-ray imaging.
- Complete laboratory services including blood work, urinalysis, and parasite testing.
- Reproductive services including breeding, perinatal, prenatal and puppy care.
- Complete in-house pharmacy for your pet's medication needs.